Maybe it's the heat, but I just had to share this list of truly boneheaded company domain names with you. I can't take credit for finding these; this list has been making the rounds via email and blogs for the last two weeks. Regardless, if you haven't come across this yet, I think you will enjoy it...
- A site called "Who Represents" where you can find the name of the agent that represents a celebrity:
- Experts Exchange, a knowledge base where programmers can exchange advice and views:
www.expertsexchange.com (Note: domain appears to have changed hands)
- Looking for a pen? Look no further than Pen Island at:
- Need a therapist? Try Therapist Finder at:
- Then of course, there’s the Italian Power Generator company at:
www.powergenitalia.com (Note: site appears to be offline)
- And now, we have the Mole Station Native Nursery, based in New South Wales:
- If you’re looking for computer software, there’s always:
- Welcome to the First Cumming Methodist Church. Their website is:
- Then, of course, there’s the art designers and their website:
- Want to holiday in Lake Tahoe? Try their website at:
Have you come across any ridiculous domain names in your surfing travels? I'd love to hear about them.
Domain name expert Bill Sweetman is the President & Lead Ninja of Name Ninja, a boutique domain name consulting firm that helps companies acquire, manage, protect, and profit from their domain names. Bill has provided strategic domain name advice to major companies around the world for over 20 years.
Contact Bill | Follow Bill | Subscribe to this Blog | Summon the Name Ninja